Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A note to my Dad..




Dear Pa,

Father's day reminded me and prompted me to write this letter as l did not get the chance to tell you. I hope that you're still in such a condition that you're able to read it or have it read to you. Memories began to flood a while back, so I wrote this letter, without delay.

Pa, I know we never had an "awesome" relationship, but I do remember a lot of good memories of you. Sad to note that I did a lot more bad things than good. Out of all those years, we didn't quite get along well, but I wanted to push through all the lessons you taught me, you will be my lifelong inspiration.. Anytime I had a problem you were always there. I remember the times when I was having difficulties with my Algebra lessons. I was about 13. I was very patient that time and you provided me detailed explanations that helped me understand it completely. You were very good at it!

I just miss you Pa. I just want to talk to you. I just want to hug you... I couldn't imagine someone I love so much just left me by choice one day with no sign of it coming. But anyways dad, i miss you! When will I ever see you again?

All I am and all that I will be would not be possible if wasn't for the one man that's been my driving force and inspiration over the years. A good man with a big heart, as what your siblings and cousins claim you to be, which is true. I miss you daddy-oh..If I had another day I'd share with you my heart. Just sitting in the chair next to you, telling you how much I care for you.

By the way Pa, God helped me through my journey of healing. There's nothing to worry about Pa, I understood the pain and I stood strong for Ma and my sister years passed. You would always remind us that whenever we feel weak during really tough times, all we have to do is just call on HIM. I always pray Pa, don't worry.

Thanks dad for letting your wallet walk into my hands, 12 years ago..hehehehe.. I bought a box of cream-O, if i could still remember..strolling down memory lane..hehe.I'll cherish all our memories for now while we're apart...

P.S
- Pa, did you hear me when you were in coma? Could you see me crying and begging you to wake up?... I Love you! and I'll see you in eternity!


your son,
Daryl


(My dad had passed away 10 days before the board exam results came out. May this letter reach its intended audience. Love your Dad with all your hearts while you can..he's the only one you'll ever have.Its not too late to say I love you dad.)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. I wish i have the same courage to express my feelings towards my dad. Hope someday he would able to read this and tell you how much you mean to him.

    Again, enjoyed reading your blog. :) Hoping to see more :)

    kervy

    ReplyDelete